[luau] MS Office, WordPerfect, StarOffice

MonMotha monmotha at indy.rr.com
Sun Jul 28 09:01:01 PDT 2002

W. Wayne Liauh wrote:
> I have been frequently challenged as to why I am so stubborn about
> WordPerfect and "ignoring" StarOffice/OpenOffice.  It is very difficult
> for me to explain the reason w/o further inviting the wraths.  But there
> was an article in Wall Street Journal which may somewhat explain why:

Honestly, if there was a single app that I'd immediately buy for Linux,
it would be MS Office97.  That was the last good office suite I used
(and in fact I keep a Win98 PC around just to run it as win2k breaks it,
probably intentionally).  I've considered crossover office just so that
I can run Office97.  It was a good office suite.  Then Office2k came out
and it was all downhill from there...

--MonMotha