[luau] Re: Intellimice; Wacom tablets

Eric Jeschke jeschke at portcullis.uhh.hawaii.edu
Sat Jul 27 12:24:00 PDT 2002

On Sat, 27 Jul 2002 Dan George  wrote:

| On Saturday 27 July 2002 08:09, you wrote:
| > Just installed Red Hat 7.3 last night.  This is the only distro that
| > does not detect my mouse wheel.  Can anyone help?

|  Same here.  Im actually running an optical (MS) wheel mouse and my
| Linux box doesnt recognize it either.  Wasnt in the configuration table.
| Of course (MS) doesnt have Linux drivers on the CD.  Went to RH and
| it doesnt support the optical wheelmouse either.  I like using it in "uhum"
| W2K and miss it in 7.1 and 7.3.

I'm running RedHat 7.3 with a MS USB optical Intellimouse.  It is
recognized from the boot up and the wheel works in everything.  I can
even hot plug it all I want and X doesn't even hiccup.  I do believe I
ran "mouseconfig" after the initial install though, and picked the model
manually; it's worth a try (I think this configures it for X too).

Anybody have any luck getting a Wacom USB tablet working in 7.3 ?  It
used to work "out-of-the-box" in RH 7.2 (except pressure sensitivity),
but not in RH 7.3.  Haven't really looked into it yet, but thought
someone here may have done it already...

--Eric

--
Eric Jeschke
http://cs.uhh.hawaii.edu/~jeschke