[luau] Mouse Wheel in Red Hat 7.3

Dan George linuxdan at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Jul 27 11:19:00 PDT 2002

On Saturday 27 July 2002 10:37, you wrote:
> > Just installed Red Hat 7.3 last night.  This is the only distro that
> > does not
> >
> > detect my mouse wheel.  Can anyone help?
>
> In the future, when you install it, make sure you set the mouse to the
> Intellimouse option.
>
> For now, you can just go into your /etc/X11/XF86Config file and change
> the occurance of "PS/2" to "IMPS/2" and below that line add a line that
> says:
> Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
>
> (then start or restart X)
> --Ray

 Pointer section
# **********************************************************************

Section "Pointer"
    Protocol    "PS/2"
    Device      "/dev/psaux"

#    For wheel support - can not be used with Emulate3Buttons
#
#    ZAxisMapping 4 5

# When using XQUEUE, comment out the above two lines, and uncomment
# the following line.
#    Protocol	"Xqueue"

# Baudrate and SampleRate are only for some Logitech mice
#    BaudRate	9600
#    SampleRate	150

# Emulate3Buttons is an option for 2-button Microsoft mice

  This example here from my config file how do I edit this?
   It doesnt allow me to edit even though Im root.

Dan