[luau] set up ftp install of red hat

burnst001 at hawaii.rr.com burnst001 at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Jul 27 10:52:00 PDT 2002

We're trying to load redhat 7.3 on a machine with no CD drive. We tried doing
an FTP install from videl.ics.hawaii.edu, but for some strange reason the connection
keeps getting dropped in the middle of the installation process.

So we want to set up an FTP server on the LAN and install from that. But we're
not sure what to copy into the new server, other than to copy all the files
from videl, which seems like serious overkill.

What data needs to be present on the ftp server?
What files/directories do we need?
Is there an easy way to do this from a redhat CD?

Dave and Cody