[luau] Re: Configuring Router

MonMotha monmotha at indy.rr.com
Sat Jul 27 08:57:00 PDT 2002

Warren Togami wrote:

> "move the queue from the cable modem to a linux box"
>
> I hope this doesn't require modification of the cable modem, because if
> so I would not support the publishing of this information.  Otherwise if
> this is only Linux QoS, by all means that is good information and not RR
> specific.

Of course it doesn't.  What you do is make sure the linux box doesn't
send out data at a rate faster than what the line can handle, thereby
assuring that the queue on the cable modem never gets full.  You then
allow the data to be enqueued at the linux box.

It's just Linux QoS.  It can be used on any system really, even dialups.

--MonMotha