[luau] 4mb Laptop

Michael Ableyev charon at netzero.net
Sat Jul 27 02:35:01 PDT 2002

Hullo all,

I have a whole set of questions here.

I'm considering/trying to replace my linux router with another linux router. (a much smaller and quieter one).
To be or not to be?: Will a Toshiba Sattelite T1910CS (486SX 33mhz / 4mb ram) suffice or should I just forget it?

Bloated?: I'm currently trying to put slackware 8.0 on it cutting down to only a few packages of choice (200mb disk). Should I
continue to do that or just use something else? (keep in mind - 4mb ram)

How to?: So far I got this far. I created a separate, temporary partition onto which I loaded the contents of color.gz, was able to
boot from bareapm.i floppy and mount this partition as well as get the pcmcia nic to work.  (Yak! I hate the floppies!) Is it
possible to somehow install over ftp or is nfs share the only way?