[luau] Re: Configuring Router

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Fri Jul 26 21:07:00 PDT 2002

On Fri, 2002-07-26 at 15:00, Michael Ableyev wrote:

> Oh, the reason for my packet loss has been acknowledged by RR (after I practically spammed them with connection logs) as a problem
> in the area, although when I called at first they said noone else is experiencing problems. I think they just acknowledged it as an
> area problem so they could say they're working on it and get me off their backs :/  It's been almost 2 months and I still have an
> open trouble ticket, though the frequency of this problem reduced somewhat. There isn't really anything I can do about it (according
> to them).

I originally had severe packet loss and reliability problems with
RoadRunner.  It took a while for RR to admit (after my 5th modem
replacement) that the signal in my area was poor.  A few weeks later
they finally replaced all the wiring my area and things have been much
better since.

However, despite this I do not consider RR to be reliable enough for a
commercial web/e-mail server at $200 a month.  I rather do a co-located
server with similar rates and much better reliability and bandwidth.
This is exactly what I intend on doing soon.