[luau] DSL for Servers (Was configuring router)

Dan George linuxdan at hawaii.rr.com
Fri Jul 26 17:30:01 PDT 2002

On Friday 26 July 2002 07:57, you wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 07:51:44PM -1000, Steven Tomlinson wrote:
> > Falcon I`o will be happy to provide DSL with as many static IPs as you
> > require. Bronze level is 54.95 for including Verizon charges (37.95 to
> > Verizon for the local loop & 17.00 to Falcon I`o for the Internet
> > access). This also includes access to our wireless network and wireless
> > hotspots.
>
> I'd be happy to jump right on that if Verizon [spit] would get off
> their butts and offer DSL in my neighborhood.  Two years ago, they
> said they "had plans" for it, but still nada.
>
> Center street area, between Kam and Pearl Harbor Nimitz gate.
> Lots of people here with money and desire, but no service.

  I dont know about that.  My neighbors came over and asked me to help
them get connected to their Verizon DSL box.  They had an non upgradeable
Dell they just bought for $800 but I installed an internal NIC card and
connected them to the DSL modem.  Even though the connection from the
computer to the DSL connection exist and runs, theyve been dropped
several times because I fear that the quality of cable, which has resided
since the cane fields were here, isnt rated for DSL.  I know my phone line
has quite alot of static.