[luau] Donating Monitors

K3V kevg at hawaii.rr.com
Thu Jul 25 23:11:00 PDT 2002

You can't just dump monitors anyway. It is an environmental and safety
hazard due to the CRT and the remaining charges in the capacitors.  We
were going to pay someone to haul some from Academy of the Pacific (a
potential thin-client school) until they found a company that recycles
old PC's and monitors (I forgot the name).  I remember that it wasn't
worth the cost to have them repaired.

> If your having trouble getting someone to repair your monitors, I will
check
> with our local repair facility that repairs both TVs and Monitors to
see
what