[luau] Re: Configuring Router

Michael Ableyev charon at netzero.net
Thu Jul 25 12:24:01 PDT 2002

> I dont know if anyone here on a RR cable modem has ever had their
> packet sampled by RR.  They check how much traffic your receiving

I'm on rr and I've been running both, http server and ftp.. and i've been doing it for a while too. While the http server doesn't
generate much traffic at all, my ftp server gets pretty busy sometimes (500mb+ video files). So far they've done nothing like what
you're saying. Perhaps it's because neither of my servers is running on the correct port? But then (I didn't know u can't setup ftp
on rr) I had a connection problem some time ago where I'd get terrible packet loss. So, after several calls to RR's tech support, a
level 3 tech called me to "resolve" the issue. He started off by reading a list of my connections mentioning those with significant
bandwidth usage. Another words, he tried to pin my packet loss (today) on the fact that I uploaded over a gig yesterday. At that
point I gave him a long lecture on privacy invasion followed by a request for technical explanation of why exactly I'm having a
problem. The interesting thing is that in the process I did explain that I'm running an ftp server and he said nothing about it.