[luau] Re: Configuring Router

Dustin Cross dusty at sandust.com
Wed Jul 24 23:35:00 PDT 2002

You should check out http://www.pcpitstop.com and their bandwidth test
(http://www.pcpitstop.com/internet/Bandwidth.asp).  I noticed I was getting
3.1Mb speeds on my Linux laptop and 1.2Mb speeds on our Win2k
workstations.  After you complete the bandwidth test they have a little
java app that will tweak the your registry and set the "receive buffer
size" to either 64240 or 32120 or back to the default.  When I set it to
64240 our win2k speeds on RR jumped to 3.7Mb.

http://www.pcpitstop.com/pcpitstop/autofix.asp?file=IntSpeed.hta

Dusty

http://searchnetworking.techtarget.com/sDefinition/0,,sid7_gci214198,00.html