[luau] Security Question

MonMotha monmotha at indy.rr.com
Wed Jul 24 21:07:00 PDT 2002

It certainly can.

Any compromise of one account (security bug in mozilla) will only gain
the attacker access to the oen account.  The attacker will have to then
elevate privilages to the superuser to do anything with the other user's
files (which may contain important/sensative information).

Of course, you should always keep up on all security advisories, and
when using a system like this even the lcoal ones may present a serious
threat (normally they're priority 2 on a single user system as they need
to be fixed, but cannot be touched unless a remote exploit is also
avaialbale).

Basically, any steps you take to separate privilages are useful.

--MonMotha