[luau] Re: Configuring Router

Dan George linuxdan at hawaii.rr.com
Wed Jul 24 18:56:01 PDT 2002

I dont know if anyone here on a RR cable modem has ever had their
packet sampled by RR.  They check how much traffic your receiving and
when they figure your setting up a server at home they do two things:
1. Contact you for an explaination.  The fact your downloading a lot of
    graphics files doesnt cut it anymore because they know...
2. Cutdown your bandwidth to a miserable point where you have to
     discontinue running a server. I know this from experience with
     just trying to setup a W2K Adv FTP server for practice only.
3. Cutoff your account completely and put you on a list of violators.
    You will have to use your wifes name and new address before
    you can reconnect to RR.  This news came from a FLEX guy.