[luau] Regarding "Red Hat Shows a More Limber Linux"

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Wed Jul 24 00:15:01 PDT 2002

Dear Jason Brooks,

This is regarding your article "Red Hat Shows a More Limber Linux" at

Thank you for your well written review pointing out the new features of Red
Hat Limbo beta.  I would like to point out one minor error in your article.

"Still missing, however, is a font installer program-a tool that's important
for any operating system but particularly vital for an open-source one,
since font-licensing issues restrict Linux vendors from shipping attractive
fonts with their distributions."

KDE3.x has a convenient font installer program hidden deep within the
Control Panel.  It isn't as easy to use as Mandrake's Font Installer, but
works great.  I will request Red Hat to make this font installer more
salient in the system menus.

Warren Togami
warren at togami.com
Mid-Pacific Linux Users Group