[luau] Going Rate for certs:

Dan George linuxdan at hawaii.rr.com
Sun Jul 21 15:38:00 PDT 2002

The LC which is stands for all non RH certification tests.  When CompUSA
had contracted to do the MCSE tract then we were not allowed to do the RHCE
tract.  But when the attendance ratio dropped we were allowed to teach the
Linux + and other flavors like SUSE and others which fall under LCs.  LCs
are allowed at CompUSA and we can still keep the MCSE tract in place. But
indirectly fulfilling the LC training brings you up to the first level of RH.
You already have your hardware knowledge and it covers all flavors not one
in particular.  They will have a standard Basic, Intermediate and Advanced.
 Since no one major flavor of Linux stood out for any commercial applications
more than RH this changed their philosophy on RHCE.  They are looking to
start something here soon when enough individuals show an interest in this.
 So if I were someone (which I am) interested in achieving RHCE then drop
me a very professional letter explaining your interest in taking these
classes.  Ive just taken the Basics class and we have 14 people in the class
due to poor marketing.  I dont want this to happen again.  Most interested
people (around 23) only came after the class already started.