[luau] Hot-Pluggable Hard Disc

R. Scott Belford sctinc at flex.com
Sun Jul 21 13:01:00 PDT 2002

I think that you are referring to the hot-swap ide drive drawers.  They are
sweet.  I use a few in a 3ware ide raid box I built for work.  This link
below should take you to the offerings from new egg.  They make the same
thing for scsi drives.  NEVER use a hot swappable drive drawer in a scsi raid
array unless the drawer is actively terminated.  If you don't, then the raid
will fail randomly and spontaneously and it will drive you nuts.  I know.
The ide drawers do not have the same requirements.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?submit=list&catalog=43&DEPA=1

scott