[luau] Going Rate for certs:

whenever whatever at whoever.net
Sat Jul 20 23:14:00 PDT 2002

	Most of the classes range from $1500-$3000 for IT field, I had Sys Admin and
Network Admin from Sun, two cisco classes, and an unix system admin class
from another place.    They are usefully when you have to work with it, kinda
give you a inside understand of their systems.  but I never take the cert
test for any of them, too lazy, or maybe because I don't have to pay for any
of my classes.  In the telecom field is different, I never see any cert test
for them yet.  Over half dozen classes I had are range from $5,000 to over
$10,000.   It's always good to have your agency pay for your classes and also
getting pay taking them.  From the new hires I saw at Motorola and General
Dynamic over the pass few years, they got in with college degree or some
working experence, then always get sent out for trainings in their field.