[luau] Walmart and Linux

kilauea kilauea at hawaiian.net
Thu Jul 18 23:00:01 PDT 2002

I want to thank Alvin for posting this. I have been thinking about
getting a faster machine and even though I am a relative old timer to
Linux (1.2.13), I don't want to order a machine that causes me to pull
my hair out (it is thin enough already). This is wonderful! It may not
be the cheapest box out there, but my time is worth a lot to me as well.
Warren was mentioning some time back the importance of supporting
development projects and I couldn't agree more. We need to support the
development community to keep Linux current. I also see the purchase of
one of these machines as another important way to help Linux gain
mainstream approval. I have no connection to Walmart but as someone who
is not a computer professional, this looks like a way to insure that all
of the hardware will function without hours of tweaking and #$&*!@%.

Too hip, Aloha