[luau] small bug, make or editor?

Jimen Ching jching at flex.com
Mon Jul 15 17:29:00 PDT 2002

On Mon, 15 Jul 2002, Charles Lockhart wrote:
>CLASSPATH = .://home/skunkworks/acme
               ^^^^^^^
Are we on cygwin?  I am not sure what a // would do in a Makefile.  Also,
I do not believe a '.' is necessary.

>.java.class:
>    $(JC) $(JFLAGS) -classpath $(CLASSPATH) $(CLASSES)

I believe this should be:

.java.class:
	$(JC) $(JFLAGS) -classpath $(CLASSPATH) $<

You can not build all of the source files with one command.  These build
rules tell GNU Make how to convert .java to .class.  Though if you are
using GNU Make, I would use the following instead:

%.class: %.java
	$(JC) $(JFLAGS) -classpath $(CLASSPATH) $<

The older rule syntax has problems.

>default: classes
>
>classes: $(CLASSES:.java=.class)
>
>jar:
>    jar cmf manifest PatternEditor.jar *.class Acme/JPM/Encoders/*.class
>Acme/JPM/*.class Acme/*.class

Should this be:

default: jar

jar: $(CLASSES)
	jar cmf manifest $(CLASSES) PatternEditor.jar etc...

Hope this helps.

--jc
Jimen Ching (WH6BRR)      jching at flex.com     wh6brr at uhm.ampr.org