[luau] MPEG Encoder?

MonMotha monmotha at indy.rr.com
Mon Jul 15 16:12:00 PDT 2002

The segfault is fairly far into the encode process (usually barfs at
about the 7-14th frame when doing an mpeg2 encode).  I can work around
it by using the encoder from mjpegtools instead of transcode's native
ont.  Unfortunately strace is rather useless because so much is going on
at that point that trying to trace it all just causes strace to hit 100%
CPU and stay there, seemingly doing nothing, never making it to the
segfault.

Probably has something to do with the fact that I'm on GCC 3.1 (I knew I
should have done 2.95.3...).

--MonMotha