[luau] Changing shells

Carl Tucker cft at panix.com
Thu Jul 11 18:26:01 PDT 2002

On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 06:56:29PM -0800, Jon Reynolds wrote:
> '/usr/local/bin/tcpserver -R -x/var/qmail.control/relays.cdb -u5001 -g5000 0
> smtp /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd 2>&1 | /var/qmail/bin/splogger &' As you can
> see having to type this in everytime it reboots is wearing on me quickly. I
> think what is causing my problem is the pipe(|) but I'm no expert *nix type
> guy to figure out a solution.

There's no 2>&1 in csh, or tcsh, which is what csh is symlinked to
on standard FreeBSD.  From tcsh(1):

 	Diagnostic output may be directed through a pipe with  the
       standard  output.   Simply  use  the form `|&' rather than
       just `|'.

Maybe that will help.  I'm not sure what the command really does
without digging through some more man pages.  That & at the end
looks suspicious, too.

Or, as previously suggested, remove that command to a separate
file, prepend #!/bin/sh to the top, and call that file from
the first one.  That's a good general solution.

--
Carl Tucker
cft at panix.com
flestrin at worldnet.att.net