[luau] Review - Laptops for Linux

Jim Roby jroby at aloha.net
Tue Jul 9 10:50:00 PDT 2002

Had a guy recently bought a new Dell desktop,came with ME.He told me
he wanted to upgrade to 98SE,I said sure,wipe the drive and go.Turns out
there was a propritary overlay software that rendered the disk unusable;
This too would play havoc with an attempted Linux install,finally Dell
tech gave him a debug script to return the drive to OEM.I asked him for it
for future reference,can't verify what he gave me is absolutly correct,but
for those interested.
---
Debug
F 200 L1000 0