[luau] Warren's Review

Jeff Mings jeffm at lava.net
Tue Jul 9 10:49:00 PDT 2002

Warren,
        I really like the direction of your review.  Specifically, it
addressed two
of the things that most reviews omit- graphic performance under Linux, and
the "installability" factor.  E.g., I recently purchased two HP Athlons for a
restaurant corporation that I work for.  They didn't even have the
often-deplorable recovery disk - just hidden recovery partitions.  Installing
Linux in an optimized fashion as part of a dual boot system would be rather
complicated, but finding this out before purchase isn't easy.

Keep up the great work,
-Jeff

On Tuesday 09 July 2002 01:19 am, you wrote:
> http://videl.ics.hawaii.edu/~warren/presario/presario.php
>
> Hey folks,
>
> At that URL is my review of the Compaq Presario 722US laptop computer that
> will soon be posted to AMDMB.com.  In my testing I have found this to be an
> excellent priced laptop with tons of features that work nearly perfectly in
> Linux after some tweaking.  Here are some of its better features:
[snip]