[luau] Codeweavers Crossover plugin

W. Wayne Liauh LiauhW001 at Hawaii.rr.com
Tue Jul 9 07:34:00 PDT 2002

I was able to install MS Office 97 under Crossover office (not a
pluggin).  It runs OK, but I wouldn't use it for critical applications.

I have heard that OpenOffice 6.0 (not beta) was pretty good.  Haven't
tried myself, but may soon.

The best wordprocessor for Linux is WordPerfect 8 (WordPerfect Office
2000, which is based on WINE, is a junk, don't ever try it).  However,
since I am a very seasoned WP8/Linux user (I am a technical editor for
the "WP8/Linux Bible" book), my assessment can be quite biased.

I can wrap the downloaded version of WordPerfect 8/Linux, fully patched
(WP8 does not install under the 2.4 kernel, it must be patched), into a
tarball for anyone who is interested in using it.  However, before I do
that, I would like to install it in a public place (Mid-Pac?) and see
whether it is worth the effort.