[luau] Moving a Patched Kernel

W. Wayne Liauh LiauhW001 at Hawaii.rr.com
Fri Jul 5 11:11:01 PDT 2002

I am running Win4Lin 3.0 under Mandrake 8.2.  I am thinking of moving it
to another Mandrake machine.  Here are three parts that need to be moved:

1.  The Win4Lin program itself, resides in /usr;
2.  The Windows "partition" in my home user directory; and
3.  The patched kernel.

I have been playing with steps 1 and 2 within the same machine without
experiencing any problem.  However, before I move the Win4Lin patched
kernel to another Mandrake 8.2 machine, any precautions that I need to
take notice?