[luau] remote access: vpn or ssh

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Mon Jul 1 20:56:01 PDT 2002

Properly setup VPN is much more convenient than SSH, but both can be secure
if they are used and configured properly.

MAC addresses can be spoofed yes.  Read the "ifconfig" man page and looking
for sometihng like "hardware address".  Fairly straight forward to do it
that way.  Many NIC cards come with bootable utility disks that can change
the MAC address of the card too.  Other drivers for Linux like the VLAN
patch can actually run multiple MAC addresses on the same physical NIC at
the same time during normal operation.