[luau] Underclocking

W. Wayne Liauh LiauhW001 at Hawaii.rr.com
Mon Jul 1 10:12:00 PDT 2002

With GHz so inexpensive and so "irrelevant", perhaps the new name of the
game should now be changed to "underclocking"--such that we may be able
to do away with the CPU fan.

I have an ASUS K7V333 MB.  I like it very much because, among other
things, it is very quiet.  Also it has this "Q-Fan" feature which will
automatically reduce the rpm of the fan when the temperature being
monitored drops below a threshold value.

I am thinking about underclocking my Athlon XP 1800+ so that it may only
require passive cooling.

Anyone has any ideas/suggestions?