ftp help.....

MonMotha monmotha at indy.rr.com
Sun Jan 27 16:56:26 PST 2002

You shouldn't need to use passive mode if the FTP server is on port 21
AND you load ip_conntrack_ftp and ip_nat_ftp (if using nat) modules on
the firewall server.  However, some FTP servers are really anal about
PORT commands, so I generally reccomend the use of PASSIVE FTP unless
that cannot be used (really old FTP servers, FTP server is behind NAT
without connection tracking/NAT mangling, etc).

--MonMotha