squirrelmail setup]

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Wed Jan 23 18:11:34 PST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rodney Kanno" <pepe65 at hawaii.rr.com>
To: "Linux & Unix Advocates & Users" <luau at list.luau.hi.net>
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2002 3:17 PM
Subject: [luau] RE: squirrelmail setup]

> Hi Todd,
>
> K according to rpm -q I am running versioon 2000c-7mdk of IMAP.It just
> occured to me that I have not told my firewall that I am running an IMAP
> server, would that make a difference?
>
> Rodney

Folks, please trim the quoted part of your replies to a minimum in order to
make the mailing list easier to read and save bandwidth for the mailing list
provider.

If you are running MonMotha's firewall, then no you don't need to add port
143 to TCP_ALLOW for Squirrel Mail to work because by default localhost and
hosts within INTERNAL_LAN are allowed to connect to any port on the server.