New Prerelease of my firewall

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Mon Jan 21 11:42:37 PST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Cliff" <brownc001 at hawaii.rr.com>
To: "Linux & Unix Advocates & Users" <luau at list.luau.hi.net>
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2002 7:17 AM
Subject: [luau] Re: New Prerelease of my firewall

> On Thursday 17 January 2002 05:21 pm, you wrote:
> > Due to the high volume of users on this list using my firewall, I
> > figured it'd be worthy to note to all that version 2.3.8-pre3 of my
> > firewall script is out.  This version fixes the ever present typo in the
> > DHCP server and also adds an option to port forward based on the
> > original source IP (for machines with multiple internet IPs on a single
> > aliased interface).  Most other changes were just cleanups.
> >
> > --MonMotha
> >

> I have seen a lot of posts about your firewall, and I'd like to try it.
Where
> can I download it?
>
> Tnx
> Cliff

Strangely, the all three Linux servers on Mid-Pac campus seem to be down.
(MPLUG, Terminal Server and E-mail Server).  The MacOS web server and a few
other machines are pingable.  This is strange...

MPLUG is currently in the process of moving to a new server hosted by the
University of Hawaii ICS department.  Here is the temporary address for
MonMotha's IPTables firewall script until my DNS changes have taken effect.

http://videl.ics.hawaii.edu/~monmotha/firewall/index.php