did you see the IBM commercial on the raiders - patriots game!?

R Scott Belford sctinc at mac.com
Sat Jan 19 19:55:20 PST 2002

It's brilliant.  Way to go, IBM!  It's been running for a week (that I
know of).  I love the names of the opposing players like Downtime.  This
is a key part of the commercial's theme.  There is a new one today where
the coach brings fan mail to the players, Linux and Mainframe.  Superb
metaphor for what linux can do/is doing.  It may take framing it in a
sports context for many to understand it, but that's what marketing is
for.

scott