apache upgrade

R Scott Belford scott at belford.net
Fri Jan 11 10:40:19 PST 2002

So, let's see, despite the fact that their distribution has been
successfully sold to "production" customers for years, using their RPM
is asking for trouble.  Specifically, what kind of trouble is one asking
for by using Redhat's apache RPM?  I'm still wondering what's so
insecure about webmin which you insisted was trouble weeks ago.  Sharing
knowledge is helpful, spreading FUD without evidence/documentation is
not.  With regards to where to install apache should you choose to roll
your own, I like Warren's suggestion of /opt/[program name]  There is no
rule about where to install packages.

scott