Hawaii Linux Mirror Online!

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Fri Jan 11 03:33:23 PST 2002

The first and only Linux mirror in Hawaii is now up.  Mandrake i586,
Mandrake Updates i586, Mandrake Cooker i586, and ISO images are now up so
Mandrake users can point your urpmi/rpmdrake to the server for lightning
fast downloads over RoadRunner.  I personally get almost 600KB/sec (that's
kilobytes), but your mileage will vary.

I didn't realize mirroring would take up so much space.  I will eventually
add Red Hat and other projects to this mirror server, but I will need
monetary donations to buy more high capacity IDE hard drives to do this.  If
you donate a large amount of cash, you can choose what you want to be
permanently mirrored on this server and I will do it.

ftp://videl.ics.hawaii.edu

Currently Mirrored
-------------------
Mandrake i586
Mandrake Updates i586
Mandrake Cooker i586
Mandrake ISO

Coming Soon
Red Hat i386
Red Hat Rawhide i386
Red Hat ISO
Cygwin
Cygwin XFree86

If you want more mirrored sooner, please donate.  Your mirror request will
be permanent as long as the hard drives don't fail.

Warren Togami
warren at togami.com