Apache question

epsas at inflicted.net epsas at inflicted.net
Fri Jan 11 03:01:12 PST 2002

What may be happening is this...

In your httpd.conf, there are two lines that may be causing this error:

###
ServerName foo.bar.baz

UseCanonicalName On
###

# UseCanonicalName:  (new for 1.3)  With this setting turned on, whenever
# Apache needs to construct a self-referencing URL (a URL that refers back
# to the server the response is coming from) it will use ServerName and
# Port to form a "canonical" name.  With this setting off, Apache will
# use the hostname:port that the client supplied, when possible.  This
# also affects SERVER_NAME and SERVER_PORT in CGI scripts.

Hope this helps,
Charles