sgi 02 workstation

epsas at inflicted.net epsas at inflicted.net
Wed Jan 9 14:25:54 PST 2002

I have an SGI Challenge S.  Currently, I am researching NetBSD and Debian - mainly because their lists are active with MIPS developers and engineers.

Be prepared to use a serial console for a long time til people get the framebuffer working - fortunately, the O2s will work with VGA monitors.  The main issue for Freenix on SGI hardware is the processor.  Do you have an R5K or an R10K?

If I had an O2, I am not sure if I would put a Freenix on it.  How about Trusted-Irix?

Good Luck,
Charles