help writing a script

Deven Phillips cytronix at lava.net
Tue Jan 8 12:44:23 PST 2002

Here you go!!!

#!/bin/bash
while [ : ] ; do
        echo -n "Enter the First Name (or Press <CTRL>+<C> to quit): " ;
        read forename ;
        echo -n "Enter the Last Name: " ;
        read surname ;
        echo -n "Enter the user's login ID: " ;
        read newuserid ;
        echo -n "Enter a password: " ;
        read newpassword ;
        useradd -p "$newpassword" "$newuserid" ;
        chfn -f "$forename $surname" "$newuserid" ;
done

Must be run as root.  :)

Deven Phillips, CISSP