Ipaq Distros - was Re: Looking for HP Palmtops....

Brian Chee chee at hawaii.edu
Sun Jan 6 13:47:42 PST 2002

ftp://ftp.handhelds.org/pub/linux/compaq/ipaq/stable/install.html

This is the instruction set we use for the download....I really stress that
using the AC adapter when doing ANY update to the bootloader and
bootimage....we used some "disposed" iPaqs from Compaq Public
relations....that way if we "bricked" them, there would be no loss....

So the good news is that it works just fine....the bad news is that I gotta
check with my guys to check on the x-windows distro....we run them headless
so no x-windows.  Cheaper than most of the embeded systems out there now.

/brian chee

University of Hawaii ICS Dept
Advanced Network Computing Lab
1680 East West Road, POST rm 311