diskless boot for LTSP

whenever whatever at whoever.net
Sat Jan 5 17:02:42 PST 2002

Hi folks,
	If you want to do diskless(network) boot for LTSP, I can burn some EPROMs
for you at no charge, I tested on a smc-ultra card, worked out great.  First
you have to go to http://www.rom-o-matic.net/5.0.4/ and download the floppy
bootable ROM image to make sure the boot ROM will work on your card, ROM
image for the NIC is 16k(some might be bigger), so you also need to pick up
the 27c128 (128k bit = 16k, 27c256 = 32k) EPROM with the speed for your NIC
card, I use 120ns.  You can find those locally at IC Supply for $5.95 each or
cheaper + shipping at www.jameco.com.  I have the EPROM uv ereaser and
programmer,  take a few minutes to setup and I can burn them for you in
seconds/ic.  I will only do it in one condition, the EPROM are for personal
use or school/open source usage such as Warren's LTSP project.  Drop me an
email if you are interested.