Router help request.sdm

Ben Beeson beesond001 at hawaii.rr.com
Fri Jan 4 01:48:16 PST 2002

Aloha all again,

	I apologize for all the traffic am posting that is asking for help, but
routing on networks ain't me (yet...).  I've got the idea down, it's the
actual typing at the shell prompt that is killing me.  Exactly how do I
tell the router box that the box should route packets destined for the
world; i.e. not 192.168.x.x addresses through eth0?  I know I need a
default route to do this, but the syntax of the route command doesn't
allow me say something like, "Hey, I know eth0 is configured via dhcp,
but do it anyway..." The route command wants an IP address there instead
of a device name, and if I hard code the IP address and then get
renumbered subsequently, I'm toast....  If I were to start from scratch,
what should I type on the router's command line to get it to route?  (I'm
running RH 7.2.)

Many Thanks in advance,

Ben

On 12/31/01, 8:16:50 AM, MonMotha <monmotha at indy.rr.com> wrote regarding