ATI Mobility M4

Brian Low securityx at runbox.com
Wed Jan 2 12:02:06 PST 2002

Aloha all,
  I was wondering if any one knows of any support for the ATI Mobility M4
video driver for XWindows.  My Dell C800 comes equped with the chip on
board.  I have tried multiple drivers and even tired Metro Link's Metero-X
product.  Tech support letft me with the following message:

According to the Dell web site...

http://docs.us.dell.com/docs/systems/latc800/en/ug/specs.htm#video

... the graphics chip in the Dell Latitude C800 is an ATI Mobility M4.
Unfortunately this chip is not currently supported by Metro-X, so it
is not possible to use Metro-X with a Dell Latitude C800.  The ATI
Mobility M4 may be supported in a future version of Metro-X, but there
is no target date available at this time.

If you purchased the software directly from Metro Link within the past
30 days we can provide a refund.  If this is the case please contact
our sales department (sales at metrolink.com) for details.

Thank you!

   +--------------------------------+
   |  Metro Link Technical Support  |