newly built kernel dies during boot

Charles Lockhart lockhart at irtf.ifa.hawaii.edu
Sat Jan 26 16:45:34 PST 2002

Hi,

I've been trying to build a vanilla kernel that'll work with the machine I
have, but to no avail.  Well, actually, they seem to build fine, but then
the system won't come up.  The system is a Compaq Proliant DL360, 2 P3
uP's, 1GB ram, 2 scsi drives w/ raid controller, 2 pci busses, etc.  Below
is the last blurb that it prints out before it dies.  It's running rh7.2,
but loading a 2.4.17 kernel.

One other question, I wanted to slow down the start up so I can see what
it's doing before it gets to this point, is there a way to do this?

Many thanks,

-Charles

*** my apologies for typos ***
Linux Kernel Card Services 3.1.22
Intel PCIC probe: not found.
Databook TCIC-2 PCMCIA probe: not found.
usb.c: retistered new driver hub
uhci.c: USB Universal Host Controller INterface driver v1.1
Initializing USB MAss Storage drivber...
usb.c: registered new driver usb-storage
USB Mass Storage support registered.
md: raid0 personality registered as nr 2
md: md driver 0.90.0 MAX_MD_DEVS=256, MD_SB_DISKS=27
md: Autodetecting RAID arrays.
md: autorun ...
md: ... autorun DONE
 NET4: Linux TCP/IP 1.0 for NET4.0
IP Protocols: iCMP, UDP, TCP, IGMP
IP: routing cache hash table of 4095 buckets, 64Kbytes
NET4: Unix domain sockets 1.0/SMP for Linux NET4.0.
ds: no socket drivers loaded!
request_module[block-major-72]: Root fs not mounted
VFS: cannot open root device "4805" or 48:05