Strange PHP and IMAP problem...

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Tue Feb 26 23:44:28 PST 2002

After I upgraded my PHP to 4.1.1 patchlevel 4 (Red Hat Rawhide), things were
working fine for a while in JAW, but a few hours later JAW, SquirrelMail and
NOCC, all PHP IMAP clients could no longer authenticate.

I tried downgrading PHP to 4.0.6 then 4.1.1-1, then back to 4.1.1-4 again
with the same results.  I reinstalled PHP, Apache, JAW, Squirrel Mail, and
two versions of UW IMAP several times and no PHP based IMAP clients will
authenticate anymore.  I double checked the account names and passwords.
Outlook Express IMAP client works fine when connecting to that server.  I'm
totally perplexed.

Anyone ever run into any problem like this?