HP Deskjet 812C question

Rodney Kanno pepe65 at hawaii.rr.com
Tue Feb 26 17:42:23 PST 2002

Anybody else out there using a HP Deskjet 812C with Linux (Mandrake 8.1)? If
so, what driver are you using? I printed out an image in Windows and Linux
and noticed that the Linux print came out much darker and used a lot more
ink. I have tried all the drivers that come with MDK 8.1 (CUPS + GIMP-Print
v4.199-b2, Ghostscript + cdj550, Ghostscript + cdj880, Ghostscript +
gimp-print, Ghostscript + hpijs) with no luck. Is there a driver out there
which output quality is equivalent/close to Windows?

Thanks,
Rodney

--
A smile adds a great deal to one's face value.

Author Unknown