new (?) attack?

cpaul at telemetrybox.org cpaul at telemetrybox.org
Tue Feb 26 15:51:52 PST 2002

Well, the main issue has to do with interfaces.

In NetBSD (afaik), an IP alias does not create a corresponding network interface.  For example, `ifconfig ex0 10.10.220.1 alias` creates an IP alias on the interface, not a distinct interface that I could use in an ipf 'on' rule.

`block in on interface-name proto tcp from any to 10.10.220.0/24 flags S/SA`

Any ideas?  This is not essential, but it could be useful for blocking spoof attacks.

Thanks,
Charles