First Linux Load

R Scott Belford sctinc at mac.com
Thu Feb 21 23:48:06 PST 2002

Matt,

I always felt like Mandrake was the happiest, friendliest linux distro
for a "newbie."  I used to find that it and Caldera's distribution best
figured out what hardware I had, configured xwindows, and asked
comprehensible questions.  I use neither now having embraced debian and
become comfortable with Redhat.  If you have time and a fast isp, try
them all over the next few months.  There was a period years ago when I
had redhat, mandrake, caldera, and suse's distributions on my box while
I figured out which distro liked me the best.  Whatever you choose, have
fun.

scott