NTP Servers

Todd Lee todd at LANtech-HI.com
Thu Feb 21 21:11:01 PST 2002

I just found this on the network status page of RR

Last Modified: Thu Feb 21 13:48:14 2002
ATTN: Road Runner Newsgroup Users:
"News-server" is now pointing to new alternate servers at this time. Road Runner users using Outlook Express as the newsreader may need to remove the news account and then recreate it in order to properly update and download from the new alternate news servers. Road Runner users using other clients, will need to unsubscribe and re-subscribe to newsgroups after this maintenance is completed. All users should notice improved retention and an increase in the amount of posts available for retrieval. Please configure your newsreader to use "news-server.hawaii.rr.com". These improvements may result in slower newsgroup performance for some users.

-todd
-----Original Message-----
From: MonMotha [mailto:monmotha at indy.rr.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2002 6:59 PM
To: Linux & Unix Advocates & Users
Subject: [luau] NTP Servers

Is it just me and my two completely separate hosts (one one rr and one
on sprintlink), or has like every NTP server in the world gone down?
I've tried probably 20 NTP servers, both UDP and TCP and both fail.  TCP
sends back connection refused as if there was no daemon on the port
(even ntp.nasa.gov, which is what I always used).

Freaky...anyone else seeing this?

--MonMotha