Why Linux users need OpenOffice

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Wed Feb 20 22:37:17 PST 2002

Why Linux users need OpenOffice
http://www.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=02/02/19/2110251&mode=thread

"I have had a love/hate relationship with StarOffice 5.2 since it first came
out. I've used it successfully to open, read, and modify files created with
Microsoft Office, but for little else, because it was a bloated, often
irritating program that tried to do too much and didn't do it all well.
OpenOffice does just about everything StarOffice ever did, but it has lost
most of StarOffice's irritating features. It is as usable an "Office"
package as you'll find in any operating system, and you sure can't beat the
$0.00 price."