Run Your Linux Firewall Halted for Extra Security

Ben Beeson beesond001 at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Feb 9 10:59:59 PST 2002

Dusty,

	Yes, you can use Linux to build a bridging firewall.  The article at:
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=4478 describes how some folks
at the Joint Astronomy Center (Mauna Kea) did just that.

Good luck,

Ben

On 2/8/02, 1:21:31 PM, Dustin Cross <dusty at sandust.com> wrote regarding
[luau] Re: Run Your Linux Firewall Halted for Extra Security:

> Can you set-up a linux firewall as a bridge?  With OpenBSD several people
are
> setting up OpenBSD with two NICs with NO IPs and then bridging between
them.  All
> traffic passes through the bridge and the firewall determins what to do
with it,
> but there is no way to connect to the firewall.  Here is an article about
it.  I
> haven't tried it, because I use my firewall for NAT also, but it sounds
pretty cool.