Cdrom drive access question

yuser yuser at hi.net
Wed Feb 6 20:47:15 PST 2002

On Wed, 6 Feb 2002 09:49:57 -1000, "Dean Fujioka" <dean at poshawaii.com>
said:

>Mingsinator and MonMotha,
>I guess this means checking on the drive itself (it's internal) for a jumper
>that enables termination. Does this mean that I also disable the SCSI card
>termination (via the CTRL-A)? It should (I hope) be set already, but I won't
>get a chance to check into the hardware until I get home tonite after work
>and class.
>thanks
>
>dean

Have you read any of the SCSI faq's? There is a very good SCSI
resource at http://scsifaq.org:9080/scsi_faq/
It includes many FAQ's and quick start quides and a link to the
official comp.periphs.scsi FAQ, which is EXTREMELY large but it is
broken down in sections for general reading if you are interested.

I had random lockups similar to yours before, one was from a NEC cd
changer that could not read CDR's very well and another with an
Adaptec 2940UW that newer firmware solved.  Adaptec's site does not
have any firmware updates listed for your 2940AU so thats not an
option.