Cdrom drive access question

Jeff Mings jeffm at lava.net
Tue Feb 5 19:03:27 PST 2002

Deanmeister!

    If I recall correctly, an active terminator terminates each scsi
line with the equivalent of mini voltage-regulator ICs, rather than
simple resistors/diodes, which are much less precise and don't always
work with the newer super-duper SCSI types, like ultra160.  Most
terminators are the simple passive ones.
    If your zip device is one of the blue external guys, there's a
switch on the back that lets you use it to terminate one end of the
chain.  Then you'll only need a terminator for the other one.

-Jeff Mings